Sketchnote-on-location at a surprise online museum or exhibition.
Date and Time?
Saturday 28 March 2020
Duration: 1 hour
Start time: 11am CET (10am GMT, 6am EDT, 9pm AEDT, find your timezone)
Online, Google Meet/Hangout.
How many people can attend?
History and purpose?
The idea of sketchnote-on-location was started by Makayla Lewis at SketchnoteLDN meetup, its motto is “We are a (local, face to face) community of practice, We learn by doing, We iterate to improve”. However, right now it needed to focus on the health and welfare of the community as the world comes together to deal with the threat of coronavirus, all physical SketchnoteLDN meetups were suspended for a while. As a result, Sketchnote Hangout was relaunched. The online sketchnote-on-location will take place at a *surprise* online museum or exhibition, our aim is to:
- Explore and sketchnote the collection or exhibition
- ‘Show your work’ your completed sketchnote to receive constructive feedback from the facilitators and the Sketchnote Hangout community.
- This sketchnote-on-location is a fun and informal online hangout and all are welcome to join.
Please note this Hangout is different from our webinars, those attending will be encouraged to complete sketchnote in real-time and share at the end.
Please join by 11am CET for immediate start.
- 11am CET – 11.05am CET – Introduction to facilitators and hangout activities with examples of sketchnotes-on-location from SketchnoteLDN hosts
- 11.06am CET – 11.10am CET – Share museum or exhibition activity sheet with sketchnoters
- 11.10am CET – 11.30am CET – Location 1 ‘Sketchnote a special room or collection’
- 11.30am CET – 11.50am CET – Location 2 ‘Sketchnote a special room or collection’
- 11.50am CET – 12.00pm CET – Show your work to Sketchnote Hangout community
- End by 12pm CET.
What should I bring?
Anything you are comfortable sketching with; favourite pen, some paper or your favourite digital drawing device.
This Sketchnote Hangout is FREE.
Example sketchnote-on-location by Makayla Lewis
- Sketchnotes from SketchnoteLDN visit to V&A Staging Places exhibition
- Sketchnotes from National Gallery Young Bomberg and the Old Masters exhibition
- Sketchnotes from V&A Museum Ceramics Study Rooms and Serpentine Gallery Albert Oehlen exhibition
- Sketchnote from Antony Gormley exhibition at Royal Academy of Arts
- Sketchnotes from Käthe Kolkwitz & Pushing Paper: Contemporary Drawing from 1970 to Now exhibitions at British Museum with SketchnoteLDN community
- Sketchnotes from V&A Museum of Childhood with SketchnoteLDN community
We look forward to meeting/hanging out and sketchnoting with you.