Sketchnote-on-location at a surprise online museum or exhibition.
Date and Time?
Saturday 11 July 2020
Duration: 1 hour
Start time: 11am CEST (UTC +2) , 10am BST (UTC +1), and 4pm ICT (UTC +7) (find your timezone)
This Sketchnote Hangout is FREE.
Registration and Joining Instructions?
Please go to our Eventbrite to register for space at Sketchnote Hangout. Instructions for joining the Hangout will be provided in the registration confirmation email. Tickets will be avaliable at 12pm CEST (11am BST) on 1 July 2020.
How many people can attend?
History and purpose?
The idea of sketchnote-on-location was started by Makayla Lewis at SketchnoteLDN meetup, its motto is “We are a (local, face to face) community of practice, We learn by doing, We iterate to improve”. However, right now it needed to focus on the health and welfare of the community as the world comes together to deal with the threat of coronavirus, all physical SketchnoteLDN meetups were suspended for a while. As a result, Sketchnote Hangout was relaunched. The online sketchnote-on-location will take place at a *surprise* online museum or exhibition, our aim is to:
- Explore and sketchnote the collection or exhibition
- ‘Show your work’ your completed sketchnote to receive constructive feedback from the facilitators and the Sketchnote Hangout community.
- This sketchnote-on-location is a fun and informal online hangout and all are welcome to join.
Please note this Hangout is different from our webinars, those attending will be encouraged to complete sketchnote in real-time and share at the end.
Please join by 11am CET for immediate start.
- 11am CEST – 11.05am CEST – Introduction to facilitators and hangout activities with examples of sketchnotes-on-location from SketchnoteLDN hosts
- 11.05am CEST – 11.25am CEST – Location 1 ‘Sketchnote a special room or collection’
- 11.25am CEST – 11.45am CEST – Location 2 ‘Sketchnote a special room or collection’
- 11.45am CEST – 11.55am CEST – Warm down sketching
- 11.55am CEST – 12.00pm CEST – Show your work to Sketchnote Hangout community
- End by 12pm CEST.
What should I bring?
Anything you are comfortable sketching with; favourite pen, some paper or your favourite digital drawing device.
Example sketchnote-on-location by Makayla Lewis
- Sketchnotes from SketchnoteLDN visit to V&A Staging Places exhibition
- Sketchnotes from National Gallery Young Bomberg and the Old Masters exhibition
- Sketchnotes from V&A Museum Ceramics Study Rooms and Serpentine Gallery Albert Oehlen exhibition
- Sketchnote from Antony Gormley exhibition at Royal Academy of Arts
- Sketchnotes from Käthe Kolkwitz & Pushing Paper: Contemporary Drawing from 1970 to Now exhibitions at British Museum with SketchnoteLDN community
- Sketchnotes from V&A Museum of Childhood with SketchnoteLDN community
We look forward to meeting/hanging out and sketchnoting with you.